Tuesday, December 28, 2010

overthinking.


With the new year approaching, I've been thinking...
I hate to get all cliché and all, but I remember being in middle school and counting down the years until graduation. And although every single year the number decreased, the amount of time still seemed long and far away. 2011 is around the corner, and I never thought I would see that year in a million years! That's what it felt like anyway, but it's my graduation year, and it's practically here! It's exciting yet bittersweet at the same time, and I'm really excited to bring in the year 2011!!

I remember last year I ended the year with a broken healing heart. I remember being tired of being tired and sad. I was sick of being lovesick and lying to myself. So I made a promise to myself that the new year would bring on a new me and a new heart. And looking back I see that a lot has changed yet a lot has stayed the same. Heartbreaker and I are still as strange as we ever were. But my heart has moved on and found a love that is irreplaceable and something that I have only dreamt about in my wildest, high-school dreams.

One thing is for sure: I'm not ending this year thinking about Heartbreaker at all. I promise you all that. And I promise myself that.
xobria

No comments: