Saturday, December 11, 2010

praypraypray.

"you just light up a stage...when there were many people onstage, i could only keep my eyes on you."

Tonight was the first public show!
The day started off with yet another photoshoot for Cinderella which is coming up in a few months. It's unbelievable! Taking pictures in the costume with my fairy godmother and prince charming made me feel a little anxious and nervous for the actual show...but we also took some pictures for some other promotional ads. We took some in the kickline costume, and I really can't wait to see how they turn out! I really hope we look as good as the Rockettes...if that's even possible.

The show tonight was fantastic. My best friend danced the part of Clara, and we all are so proud of her. We became a little teary-eyed at the end of the show when we realized that it was over, but we were all smiles again when we realized how amazing of a show it was. We all kicked butt, and we couldn't help but be happy and proud of ourselves. I danced a demi-soloist part in the Waltz of the Flowers, and I couldn't help but think about last year when I danced as Dewdrop. That night was so magical and unbelievable. The feeling in the air tonight is a little different though...

Tonight my alternate for Arabian got hurt. She slipped on some confetti during curtain call bows, and her knee gave out. It popped out, and it popped back in. After her great big bow, she limped into the line. She stood in front of me shaking and faking a smile. I couldn't even imagine the pain she was feeling at the moment, but I could tell that it was a lot. She was shaking. Tears were forming in her eyes, yet she still had a smile on her face because we were still onstage and that curtain was still up. After bows, the curtain fell, and Pedro ran onstage and scooped her up into her arms and rushed her into the dressing room. We were all panicking and afraid of what this would mean for us. But just like she did, we had to fake smiles to go out and parade for the public. Not to our surprise, a lot of people noticed her slip and were asking if she was alright. We couldn't give a straight answer. A few minutes later, we saw Pedro walking around.

He approached me, and I asked for a picture. But after the picture, I could tell that he was still worried for her. He told me that I was going to have to dance three parts tomorrow to make-up for the loss. He wasn't happy to make changes in the casting, but this is show biz; you gotta do what you gotta do. I was ready to take on the three parts and dance all three, and the rumors floated around too fast. And the plans kept on changing. In the end, Pedro found a better plan. A returning senior graduate from last year was back home from college and came to the show tonight to support us all, and luckily Pedro caught her before she left to ask her to dance with us in the show tomorrow. She couldn't say "no" to more memories and crazy times backstage, so tomorrow she will be dancing the part of Spanish Chocolate. And I will be able to keep to my on-schedule 2 part show. The evening took an interesting turn for the better and worst, but all we can do is pray and hope for the best.

xobria

on a lighter note...this is completely normal of the four of us. best friends forever <3

No comments: