Saturday, January 15, 2011

i hate this.

"i would skip out on any party to just lie in bed with you. that night meant more to me than any party."

I hate being in trouble because this means no phone and no car.
I'm a normal teenager that makes mistakes, too.


Anyway...last night I had my first rehearsal with my prince charming. As you know, one of my best friends, John, is the Prince, and I love working with him. I've heard from a lot of people that we have great chemistry together when we dance, and at rehearsal tonight I really felt it. We started learning the pas de deux from Act II when I first come to the ball, and then we both fall in love with each other (oh, the simplicity of fairytales...). We learned about half of it, and I love the feeling of this pas. It's not your usual classical ballet pas de deux. Pedro is making it more neoclassical, and I love the freedom of it. I would try and get a video of it, but Pedro is very protective of his choreography which I can understand. It's not easy to choreograph a three act ballet, so hats off to Pedro. But rehearsal with John + Pedro is mighty fun, and we're making great progress. I can't wait to finish it next week!

Today was rehearsal with the whole company. Tai has decided to join in on the ballet and dance as an extra. He's dancing as a gentleman at the ball in the prince's court, and I loved having him the studio. Just having him there in my workplace immediately brightened my long day at the studio. The ballet is coming along piece by piece, and it's so exciting to see it all come together! Tomorrow I have rehearsal with my Ugly Stepmother and Sisters and my drunken father, and I can't wait to work with them!

Here's to another phone-less and car-less day...
xobria


No comments: