Tuesday, January 18, 2011

mantra.


I've done a lot of crying for the past few days. But I'm going to stop crying now because crying never gets you what you want.

There are prices we must pay when we make a mistake in life, and this is the most difficult price I've ever had to pay thus far in my life. I don't want to go into much detail about it for the sake of putting too much of my personal life on the Internet...But I will say that I've got a lot of growing up to do. Growing up means more than freedom + independence. It means responsibility and the ambition to stand up for what you believe in and going for it with a strong and clear head (not a hard head! A clear and strong one).

Remember my old babysitter, Leticia? She's a second mother to me, and she's helping me through this difficult time right now. She's being tough on me and telling me to take the challenge, but I need it. Today she told me a mantra to keep telling myself through these hard times.

"Thank you for this moment of peace + silence. Please forgive me of my trespasses."

And with this mantra she told me another important thing to keep in mind: "Say that whenever you're in silence and you feel peace. It's a message to the Universe. You know, we don't pollute the world with trash; we pollute it with negative thoughts. If you send the Universe positivity, that's what you will get. If you send the Universe negative thoughts, that's what you will get."

I'm a believer in the Universe, and when she told me this it reminded me in what I believe in and why I love the idea of the Universe so much. The Universe works in amazing and strange ways, but it always has something to say.

And you always have something to say to the Universe.
What is your message to the Universe?
xobria

No comments: