Saturday, March 05, 2011

book reading #2.



Today was book reading number two! This one was more advertised with a nifty little ad in the local newspaper. It's becoming a weekly thing that I get my stage make-up on for yet another Cinderella ballerina princess appearance. It's becoming routine, but I can't get too used to the idea of being a princess forever.

The turn-out for this event was so much better than last week's! Little girls came prepared with their Cinderella shirts and bows in their hair. Some had tutus and others had books that they wanted us to sign. These little kids make me smile so much. They get so excited about these events, and it makes me really get into the role of Cinderella. Little kids are the most curious and most inspiring people on this earth, in my opinion. They love to ask questions without being ashamed of what they're asking. And I love answering their questions and just talking to them in general. They're always amazed by the presence of a couple of "real ballerinas".

Although kids are the most inspirational and imaginative people ever, there was one girl that made disappointed me. She didn't believe in magic. I couldn't believe it. A little girl about 5 or 6 didn't believe in magic. I'm 17 years old and still believe in magic. It made me wonder how it could be possible that she didn't believe in magic. Does she not like the idea of dreams coming true at the flick of a wand? Sure a fairy godmother doesn't appear every single time you cry, but when you reach your goals, don't you think that's magical? When you're surrounded everyday by the people that you love, doesn't that feel like you're surrounded by magic? It's all magic, and I believe in it everyday.

Do you believe in magic?
xobria

No comments: