Saturday, March 12, 2011

cupcakes + ballerinas + sunshine



My last princess duty event was today! Today was the Bubblecake fundraiser to help send us to Prague for the International Dance Festival this summer. Bubblecake is the cupcake capital in this area, and it is a little piece of heaven on Earth. Their cupcakes are the most delicious I've ever tasted in my entire life, and their shop is the cutest thing in the world. The walls are pink with victorian prints everywhere. And I was very impressed when I saw a Buddha figure sitting on the shelf holding a jar of candies. Everyone in the area always stops at Bubblecake for a sweet treat, and many of those that didn't know about our event still participated! And we were blessed today with this beautiful weather that shows that spring is practically here. I have definitely missed the warm weather.

The event allowed children to take a picture with Cinderella (moi) and my Fairy Godmother (my girl, Molly) as well as indulge in a delicous cupcake made by the genius chefs of Bubblecake. And there even was the option of getting your hair put up into a perfect ballerina bun by some of our company members. Our usual boutique table was set-up with the little tutus, tiaras, wands, earrings, and even swords for the boys to bring in a couple extra dollars. And a lot of the girls were begging their parents to buy them a tutu and crown to wear in their picture with me. Our favorite photographer, Dan McDilda, was there taking the gorgeous pictures that were printed off as soon as it was taken, so everyone walked away with a picture, a happy tummy, maybe a wand or a tutu, and a memory. I feel like for a lot of girls, this was a really exciting moment. A lot of them were shy when they met me, and I thought it was the cutest thing in the world. One girl called me "Jasmine" and Molly "Cinderella", and I couldn't help but giggle. (If only there was an "Aladdin" ballet...)

All day I asked girls to show me their "princess smiles" and told them to believe in their dreams. And it even meant something to me. It's not everyday that you get to be every little girl's role model, especially at my age and stage in my dance career. I've never dreamt of being in such a position at such a young age and place in my baby career, but I'm so thankful. I surrounded by people with my face on their shirts all working for the same cause, and I couldn't help but feel so lucky. We're a family, and we're always working together. Tai was even there helping out, and it's always nice just having him around when I'm in my element. And he's always smiling at me.

It was a long day. You can only pretend to be a perfect princess for so long, and I could've done it all day long if I really had the energy to. Makes me wonder what it's like to be a princess at Disneyland...
xobria

No comments: