Wednesday, March 30, 2011

day 2/hump day.


Tech day number two. And it has been a rough day...
It was literally just a few days ago that I realized that I'm going to need a lot of stamina for this show. Those 5 variations kick my ass, and a person that sweats as much as I do needs time to cool down. And of course I don't. Tonight I got really frustrated with myself. I wasn't feeling very strong, and my toes were KILLING me. And even though my toes were killing me, I had to keep going and pretending that there was nothing wrong. The show must go on - that's show biz.

After rehearsal, Pedro requested to take a look at my toe because with the show in just 3 days he didn't want anything bothering me. And it so happens that my toenail is infected. (Don't keep reading if you're easily grossed out by ingrown toenails/nasty dancer feet...) A few weeks ago, the toenail on my big toe on my right foot cracked, so I cut that part off. And it started growing back ingrown. I kept cutting it out, and it kept coming back. So tonight Pedro performed a mini-surgery in his dressing room on my toe. He got the clippers and hydrogen peroxide. Rebecca (our ballet mistress) held my hand, and Tai sat there and watched the surgery (You know how happy I am that he's not grossed out by my feet? SO. HAPPY. Let's me know that he really loves me, ha). It was quite painful, but the pressure is released. I'm so glad Pedro did the operation for free because a podiatrist would've charged me hundreds of dollars...

Tonight was a rough night for me. But thank God for jacuzzi foot baths with epsom salt...
-Skippy became a Spanish prostitute tonight.
-If you don't know what hump day is, you should. It's my favorite day of the week.
-Pesto sandwiches made by Tai are the best dinners ever.
-I'm not going to get to bed till probably about 4 in the morning. That's how theatre week should be treated.
-Why do the creepy shows about aliens + scary shows about the end of the world always play at night?
-I hate being the only one awake in my house at night...
-Stop reminding me that this is my last theatre week/show with the company...

No comments: