Thursday, March 31, 2011

one year ago today...


One year ago today, I lost myself.
At the time, I thought I was happy with everything in my life. I thought I had everything I could ever want and didn't dare ask for anything more. And I thought that my heart was truly healed and mended and didn't need anymore attention. I thought that my heart was never going to let love in ever again and find someone else.

But looking at how things changed over the year, I was so stupid. How many times can I say that? But I don't care. I am completely glad to continually declare how stupid I was one year ago. I gave every bit of myself to him to get nothing but shit from him. Of course that is ridiculously stupid. Who else wouldn't feel stupid?

One year ago today, I went home from that walk in the woods with dirty hands covered in dirt, bugs, and worst of all - lies.

But I don't look back anymore at the innocence I lost that day.
I only look at the wisdom I've gained to this day.
xobria

No comments: