Tuesday, March 01, 2011

you know better.


The thing about making it big, and doing it fast, Bria, is that invariably the first steps will be small and slow.
Which oddly, for many, is the same reason they don't take them.

You know better, huh, Bria?

Huh, huh, huh?
The Universe
 
I love these notes from the Universe. They remind of the little things that get to me every other day.
I would consider myself to be a very impatient person. When I want something, I want it now. I love surprises, until they're months and months away. I want to grow up so badly. I want to see where I end up in this crazy place known as Show Business and the Dance World. But I've come to terms with the fact that time will go slow when I want it to go fast, and it will go fast when I want it to slow down.
 
Lately, I've been having this same conversation with numerous people...
"What are your plans for next year, Bria?"
"I'm going to VCU."
"Oh! What do you plan on doing?"

"I'm going to dance."
"How exciting! Congratulations!"

And every single time that I have this conversation, I always make sure that I say "I'm going to dance" rather than "I'm going to be a dance major". I'm not taking this path to tell the world that I have a degree in dance+choreography. The thing that I'm looking forward to the most next year is dancing all the time. That's all I want to do.

Go out there and dance my little fucking heart out.
Learn more, sweat more, bleed more, cry more, inspire more, create more, and be more.
Eat (those words that you shouldn't even be saying).
Sleep (and dream the most wildest dreams ready to make them come true when you wake up).
Repeat (with a full heart + a clear mind; not discouraged one bit...).

xobria

No comments: