Monday, May 16, 2011

i love you.


I have written hundreds and countless number of blogs about people taking me for granted. About the boys that would say sweet things just to have me kiss them the right way. About the boys that I gave a lot of my time and myself to just to have them walk away...I would cry and feel sad for myself for giving myself only to people that would take me for granted. I would get sick of it, but that's all I've ever known. And I was always good at making people feel good about themselves.

Never in a million years would I have thought that I would take someone else's love for granted. But I have. We all do. How many times do you think about how much your mom loves you? Or your dad? Or your grandma? Or your best friend? Or your lover? I think we tend to forget that we are loved by so many people, and that should be enough to get us through a bad day or a twist in our lives. You are loved. By so many people, so don't take them for granted. Please tell them that you love them, too. Studies show that fewer divorces and children are happier when someone tells them that they love them everyday. Say "I love you" everyday. It makes a difference.

Today I had my face covered in tears and snot crying my face off because I made the mistake of taking love for granted. The tears were from a combination of happiness, frustration, guilt, etc etc, and I know how that I'm never going to take love for granted ever again. I don't ever want to feel like I did today ever again...

I love you.
xobria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the trainee position!! (saw it on your twitter) :-) I miss your blogging and hope to see some new posts soon!