Wednesday, August 24, 2011

dancers are crazy people.


Today were placement classes, orientation, and a department meeting for the dance department today at VCU. It was a reallyyyy long day starting at 9am ending around 5pm, but I got to spend the whole day dancing, walking around with, meeting with, and talking with all the other dance majors.


I want to bring up a very important point that I have come to notice over the years...dancers are crazy people. I actually think this applies to all performers. We're loud and obnoxious, but that's just the way we are. We love being exuberant, and I blame that on our high energy levels and ability to open up. Dancers really are some of the most fun people in the world. I might be biased, but if you have some dancer friends you might know what I'm talking about...

Being around all the dancers today made me get really excited about the year. I won't be dancing with most of the VCU dancers for the next couple years (due to my Traineeship with Richmond Ballet), but still being around them in the school will make this transition into college life a lot easier. Classes here at the college start tomorrow, and I only have one! It's a film class, and I'm pretty excited about it. It should be interesting!

xobria

PS. I hope you saw me post this on twitter and tumblr...I am in love with Ryan Gosling. And this video convinces me that we're going to get married in onesies...




PPS. I miss my kitten daughter :(

No comments: