Sunday, August 14, 2011

SUMMER 2011.

No time for apologies. I leave for college in 6 days, and it's time for me to bring this little blog of mine back to life.

So, here's what I've done this ahhhmazing summer of 2011...

I performed my last season performance with SVB...
from cinderella pas de deux: act ii.
might upload the recording of this pas de deux. just maybe...
excerpt from don quixote.
 I did some graduating...
dance family <3
tai's family <3
familyyyyyyy <3
I rehearsed for the Prague trip...
shots from an original piece choreographed by Pedro Szalay entitled "Unknown".

I left for Prague, and I danced there...
from paquita pas de deux adagio.
"unknown" brought to life on the stage.

I chilled in Prague...



Our company won some awards in Prague...
SVB dancers and Pedro accepting the "Best Classical Dance" award. SVB was also awarded with the "Best Costumes" award. Also, two SVB dancers received talent awards.
I even discotheque-ed in Prague...

When I kissed Prague a sweet goodbye and got back to the United States, I went to Richmond for remaining three weeks of the five week summer intensive. My three weeks there would determine if I was accepted as a Trainee for the Richmond Ballet. And at the end of the summer intensive, I received the amazing news that I am now a Trainee with the Richmond Ballet along with a few other lucky girls! I am very excited for my first year as a trainee and to be with the Richmond Ballet, and I will be sure to keep you updated on my training, rehearsals, and performances!
This is the only picture taken of me at Richmond this summer, and I'm hammering out some noisy pointe shoes...
After Richmond, I rested and spent some time with my family and friends back home. And then went to the beach with my family for a couple of days before coming back...
rehoboth beach <3
And now I'm back home totally stressed out with college/dorm shopping because I leave in 6 days...this summer has flown by, and I can't believe I'm already getting ready to leave for college. This summer has been one of the most memorable thus far in my life, and I just wish it could've been a little longer to make this amazing feeling that I have last.
College/dorm shopping is not as fun as I thought it was going to be, but thankfully I'm all done with it. Now comes the dreadful part of packing it all up for move-in day. I hate packing, so this is going to be torture for me...

I will say one BIG "sorry" for being away for so long. The past few months have just come and gone. Seriously. If you were me, you would understand. There just wasn't enough time (or energy in my body) to sit down for 20 mins to write a little something on here. I'm excited to bring this baby back to life for the school year/company season.

I'm glad to be back!
Love always,
xobria

1 comment:

Marie a la Mode said...

Looks like you had an amazing summer with memories to last a life time! Good luck with your big move to college!

xo