Friday, September 23, 2011

knowledge.


This is the music I am dancing to in Rick McCullough's piece. It is one of the most beautiful tunes I have ever heard. And this ballet piece takes my breath away every single time. I could watch it all day if I could.

Being on my own has reminded me that you must always be aware of you - aware of who you are, where you are, and what you're doing and becoming. This is the most dancing I have ever done on a regular basis, and being able to dance this much is making me love my life even more every day. I'm not going to lie, there are some days that I wake up feeling like I just want to lie in bed all day and relax. But being at the studios for hours on end just makes me happy knowing that I am doing what I love.


As dancers, we have to be fully aware of ourselves. Our location in space, our center of gravity, which line looks best for our body type...I just love being so sure about everything that I am a part of in one place. Life is ambiguous. No one knows for sure what's going to happen tomorrow or in the next 10 minutes, for that matter. 

Dancing makes me feel like I know everything.
Yet we still search for more.
That's what makes us artists.

No comments: