Monday, October 24, 2011

hey, heartbreak! i remember you...

in times of change in my life, i always turn to my favorite book: the unbearable lightness of being. it never fails me <3

It has certainly been a while since I've felt anything close to heartbreak.
But I certainly haven't forgotten the feeling. Or what happens and how you're going to deal with it.

I believe that a heart can only be broken once. Because you pick up all the pieces you have left and take the time to put them back together as best as you can. And whoever hurts your heart after that is just putting in new cracks or opening old ones. And you feel the stinging of the open cracks and your heart hurts. And it aches.

The good news is: your heart isn't broken.
The bad news is: you remember what it's like to be heartbroken.
More good news is: since you've been through it before, you can get through it again. Maybe even faster and maybe even make your heart even stronger.
More bad news is: you remember what it's like to be heartbroken. And it might take you just as long as the first time...
But it's all up to you as to how long and how you will deal with it. You're strong. And your heart may be cracked and bruised, but you'll get through it again. And you'll come out stronger than before. I promise.

My heart isn't aching anymore.
It was until now.


Today was a good day.
Today I felt good.
Today I felt amazing.

xobria

No comments: