Friday, October 14, 2011

real life.

just a few dance majors at vcu...
class of 2015 <3


Okay, enough with the vague/depressing/heartbreak blog posts. I need to get back to what's going on in my life right now...

Today at RB, we had a dress rehearsal for the performances we have tomorrow for the Richmond Folk Festival. We've been chewing up Paquita and breaking it down as far as possible to get it as perfect as possible for tomorrow. I've been working on this ballet for so long now that I'm ready to werk it! After tomorrow, we'll put Paquita away in our pockets until the spring when we have to perform it again for the end-of-the-year showcase.
And another announcement....WE FINALLY STARTED NUTCRACKER!! It is so weird starting Nutcracker this late. Back home with Pedro we would start working on Nutcracker in August (even sometimes July), so starting it this late is so strange to me! From what we've been learning, I'm a Snowflake and a Flower so far. I can't wait till it gets closer to performance time. I'm really excited to perform with the company for the first time!

Also, this week I met a member of the cast of the Broadway show "Wicked"! On Monday, a short gentleman with a mohawk walked into our ballet class at RB. And we were all wondering who the hell he was, and then one of the girls asked him if he was from "Wicked". And indeed he is! His name is Ryan Jackson, and he's so cool! He took ballet with us a few days this week, and the best part was getting to talk to him about getting a job in this crazy world called Showbiz. He gave us really great advice about finding where you fit into Showbiz, and the ins and outs of auditioning and booking jobs. Him talking about it all made me want to get out there and start auditioning and getting jobs already! It got me really excited for when that time comes for me.
Today, Ryan taught a class at VCU, and I went to it. He taught us a jazz combo with choreography in the style of the show "Wicked". I love getting to get outside of the ballet bun and get into some booty shorts + a sports bra to get all sweaty after dancing a fierce jazz combo. I miss taking jazz every once and a while...

My family is coming up to visit me this weekend and see the performance tomorrow. I can't wait to see them! Midterms are in a couple of weeks, and I'm sooo not ready for them...


To a dancer's life and the college life...
xobria

1 comment:

Marie a la Mode said...

Your dance life sounds so exciting! Enjoy every single minute of it.